Department of Admissions & Credit Evaluation
Sibling Discount 2019 (for Malaysians only)
First-time registered students with SIBLING(S) who are:
i) existing students or
ii) first-time registered students
may apply for sibling discount of RM1,000.
For siblings who are both first-time registered students, only one sibling may be considered.
What Do We Mean By:
- First-time registered students - registering for the FIRST TIME as students of TAR UC and have paid their fees in full for the intake enrolled.
- Sibling - one of two or more children having ONE or BOTH parents in common. This does not include family members outside sibling relationship such as fostered, step-brother/step-sister, godbrother/godsister etc.
- Existing students - TAR UC students who are full-fee paying students currently pursuing the Foundation/A Level/Diploma/Bachelor Degree/Postgraduate programmes.
Terms & Conditions
- First-time registered students (thereafter referred to as 'Applicants') must have paid full fees in the intake enrolled and their sibling(s) must also be full-fee paying students in the same semester.
- Applicants on conditional offer of enrolment in the Cambridge GCE A Level programme, January Intake may only apply for sibling discount after they have been offered and accepted the FULL offer of admission.
3. Prior to the commencement of the subsequent semester :-
3.1 Applicants must:-
a) still be active students pursuing the programme
b) not be on deferment of study
c) not be in receipt of any scholarship/grant/bursary offered by TAR UC or any other organisations
3.2 Applicants' sibling must NOT fall under any of the following:-
a) have graduated from the programme
b) completed the programme but have outstanding course(s) to resit/repeat
c) repeating their year of study and not permitted to proceed to the next year of study
d) on deferment of study
e) withdrawn from the programme
Application & Outcome
- Application is open upon the commencement of programme in the intake the Applicants enrolled into. Applications are to be submitted through the Student Intranet (Sibling Discount) by the following deadline. Late application will NOT be entertained.
Intakes Programme Commencement Date Application Deadline January 14 January 2019 Monday, 8 April 2019 March 4 March 2019 May
Foundation & A Level
13 May 2019
Diploma & Bachelor Degree
21 May 2019
Monday, 24 June 2019 September 10 September 2019 Monday, 18 November 2019 October 14 October 2019
- The Applicants' Birth Certificate and that of the sibling must be uploaded in the application.
- The application outcome will be made known to Applicants through their UC e-mail and the sibling discount of RM1,000 will be set-off against the subsequent semester fee.
- The decision of the University College shall be FINAL. Any appeal will NOT be entertained.
- All Terms & Conditions apply.