Department of Admissions & Credit Evaluation
Sibling Discount (for Malaysians only)
First-time registered students in Foundation/Diploma/Bachelor Degree programmes with SIBLING(S) who are:
i) existing students or
ii) first-time registered students
may apply for sibling discount of RM1,000.
For siblings who are both first-time registered students, only ONE sibling may be considered. If they have another sibling who is an existing student, BOTH may be considered.
What Do We Mean By:
- First-time registered students - registering for the FIRST TIME as students of TAR UMT and have paid their fees in full/paid fees under PRIHATIN Flexi Payment Plan (Prihatin Plan) for the intake enrolled.
- Sibling - one of two or more children having ONE or BOTH parents in common. This does not include family members outside sibling relationship such as fostered, step-brother/step-sister, godbrother/godsister etc.
- Existing students - TAR UMT students who are full-fee paying students currently pursuing Foundation/Diploma/Bachelor Degree/Postgraduate programmes.
Terms & Conditions
- First-time registered students (thereafter referred to as 'Applicants') must have paid full fees/paid fees under PRIHATIN Flexi Payment Plan (Prihatin Plan) in the intake enrolled AND their sibling(s) must also be full-fee paying students in the same semester.
- Applicants on Conditional Offer of Admission may only apply for sibling discount after they have been offered and accepted the FULL OFFER OF ADMISSION.
3. Prior to the commencement of the subsequent semester :-
3.1 Applicants must:-
a) still be active students pursuing the programme
b) have paid full fees
c) not be on deferment of study
d) not be in receipt of any scholarship/grant/bursary/tuition fees concession offered by TAR UMT or any other organisations
3.2 Applicants' sibling must NOT fall under any of the following:-
a) have graduated from the programme
b) completed the programme within the minimum duration of study but still have outstanding course(s)/thesis/research project/failed course(s)
c) repeating their year of study and not permitted to proceed to the next year of study
d) on deferment of study
e) withdrawn from the programme
f) have any outstanding fees
Application & Outcome
- Application is open upon the commencement of programme in the intake the Applicants enrolled into. Applications are to be submitted through the Student Intranet (Sibling Discount) by the following deadline. Late application will NOT be entertained.
Intakes Programme Commencement Date Application Deadline February 2023 10 February 2023 Friday, 14 April 2023 June 2023
23 June 2023
Diploma & Bachelor Degree
26 June 2023
Monday, 28 August 2023
October 2023 20 October 2023 Friday, 22 December 2023 November 2023 17 November 2023
- The Applicants' Birth Certificate and that of the sibling must be uploaded in the application.
- The application outcome will be made known to Applicants by the end of Semester 1 through their University e-mail and the sibling discount of RM1,000 will be off-set against the subsequent semester fee.
- The decision of the University shall be FINAL. Any appeal will NOT be entertained.
- All Terms & Conditions apply.