Department of Admissions & Credit Evaluation
Sibling Discount (for Malaysians only)
First-time registered students in Foundation/Diploma/Bachelor Degree programmes with SIBLING(S) who are:
i) existing students or
ii) first-time registered students
may apply for sibling discount of RM1,000.
For siblings who are both first-time registered students, only ONE sibling may be considered. If they have another sibling who is an existing student, BOTH may be considered.
What Do We Mean By:
- First-time registered students - registering for the FIRST TIME as students of TAR UC and have paid their fees in full/paid fees under PRIHATIN Flexi Payment Plan (Prihatin Plan) for the intake enrolled.
- Sibling - one of two or more children having ONE or BOTH parents in common. This does not include family members outside sibling relationship such as fostered, step-brother/step-sister, godbrother/godsister etc.
- Existing students - TAR UC students who are full-fee paying students currently pursuing Pre-University/Diploma/Bachelor Degree/Postgraduate programmes.
Terms & Conditions
- First-time registered students (thereafter referred to as 'Applicants') must have paid full fees/paid fees under PRIHATIN Flexi Payment Plan (Prihatin Plan) in the intake enrolled AND their sibling(s) must also be full-fee paying students in the same semester.
- Applicants on Conditional Offer of Admission may only apply for sibling discount after they have been offered and accepted the FULL OFFER OF ADMISSION.
3. Prior to the commencement of the subsequent semester :-
3.1 Applicants must:-
a) still be active students pursuing the programme
b) have paid full fees
c) not be on deferment of study
d) not be in receipt of any scholarship/grant/bursary/tuition fees concession offered by TAR UC or any other organisations
3.2 Applicants' sibling must NOT fall under any of the following:-
a) have graduated from the programme
b) completed the programme but have outstanding course(s) to resit/repeat
c) repeating their year of study and not permitted to proceed to the next year of study
d) on deferment of study
e) withdrawn from the programme
f) have any outstanding fees
Application & Outcome
- Application is open upon the commencement of programme in the intake the Applicants enrolled into. Applications are to be submitted through the Student Intranet (Sibling Discount) by the following deadline. Late application will NOT be entertained.
Intakes Programme Commencement Date Application Deadline January 2021 18 January 2021 Friday, 19 March 2021 June 2021
14 June 2021
Diploma & Bachelor Degree
17 June 2021
Friday, 13 August 2021
Diploma & Bachelor Degree
Friday, 20 August 2021
Sept 2021 27 September 2021 Friday, 26 November 2021 Nov 2021 1 November 2021 Friday, 26 November 2021
- The Applicants' Birth Certificate and that of the sibling must be uploaded in the application.
- The application outcome will be made known to Applicants by the end of Semester 1 through their UC e-mail and the sibling discount of RM1,000 will be off-set against the subsequent semester fee.
- The decision of the University College shall be FINAL. Any appeal will NOT be entertained.
- All Terms & Conditions apply.